I actually came in at 149,500 or thereabouts but I felt the trauma of my cabinmates who needed assistance the last day or two.
Things I learned from July 2014 Camp NanoWriMo:
- Putting 50K words down on paper in a coherent manner, all pertaining to one project in just 31 days is difficult.
- My hair likes to be washed.
- Writing sprints are very useful for reaching a 50k word goal.
- My husband likes it when I wash my hair.
- When I do writing sprints, all of my characters nod their heads like idiots and lift a single brow…all the freakin’ time.
- I like yoga pants, and I hate shaving my legs.
- I write some great action scenes while waiting for my kids to finish their Brazilian Jiu Jitsu class.
- My husband likes me in yoga pants but he prefers my legs shaved.
- The first 35K words came easily. The last 15k were a halting struggle filled with: what next, and a burning desire to edit the first 35k.
- The laundry and dishes never, under…
View original post 34 more words